Sunday, August 12, 2012

Old Fashioned Creamed Corn

2 10 ounce pkgs. frozen organic corn
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons GFCF margarine (we use Earth Balance soy free)
salt
pepper

Bring water, corn, GFCF margarine, salt, and pepper to a boil in small saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Scoop 3 cups of the corn out of the saucepan and pulse in food processor for about 10-15 seconds. Add to remaining corn in saucepan. Stir. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on low heat, stirring frequently. Serves 4-6.


~ I have only recently purchased a food processor so this might be a "duh" recipe for many of you. I have missed creamed corn so much since we switched to organic (which means No GMOs) foods and beverages. I purchased organic corn on the cob several times in an attempt to make creamed corn but no matter what I tried (organic cornstarch mixture included), I could not make the corn creamy. So, about 45 minutes ago, it occurred to me: Use the food processor! I bought the food processor to shred organic squash so that I could cook it like hash browns, but it is now also my corn creamer. Love it! ~

0 comments: