Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tangy Potatoes

2 medium red or Yukon gold potatoes, skin on
4 tablesppons GFCF mayonaise (trust me)
salt
pepper
green (spring) onions, chopped

Bake or microwave potatoes in glass baking dish until done. Place potatoes in a wide bowl such as a pasta bowl. Mash with a fork to open the cooked potatoes. Drop dollops of GFCF mayonaise over the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Blend well. Garnish with green onions. Serves 2.

~ Now I know the thought of mayo in potatoes may not seem appetizing to some of you, but trust me; these potatoes have a sour cream-y, lemon-y flavor and the green onions advance them to an even more delicious level.

I was a little girl when I first saw my Aunt put mayo and milk on potatoes while making mashed potatoes and I thought "gross!". Until I tried them. I think she must have used mayo because Grandma didn't have any butter in the fridge. What a geat substitution this turned out to be. :) ~

0 comments: